Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year Innovation: Say What?!

Hello my fellow readers,

Can't believe the New Year is already here! As we pull down our decorations and put away the stockings, Winter is still very much in the air (in most parts of the world). However, the time has past when most everyone around the globe has made a new year's resolution (or two) :)

With that said, as surprising as this may sound, I did something different this year: I made no new year's resolutions. Yes, that's right. I made none. Oh, I have plans alright... in fact, my calendar is already starting to fill up quite quickly. However, rather than doing the typical thing and making all those resolutions that we think are goals (yeah right), you know the ones we never keep.... I welcomed the new year with an overall vision in mind.

Speaking of vision, I just found out about this guy that apparently has a lot of it: His name is Colin Wright and he is the epitome of every Entrepreneur's dream today. This guy is totally awesome!

So this morning I got inspired... I started 'minimizing' as he puts it. It feels amazing! I cleaned out my entire jewelry box and once I got started I decided to get rid of it altogether. I realized that the jewelry I really wanted to keep would all fit in a few containers I already had laying around. Minimalism will definitely be part of my overall vision for this year (however, I do think owning a car is sometimes necessary).

Wright has written several ebooks, one in particular that caught my attention the other day... Its called Start a Freedom Business  for any entrepreneur/world traveler wannabe this is a must read!

So I guess if I had to tell you what my year's vision was in one word it would be: freedom

That said, I'm certainly glad I came across this guy, as he seems to know a lot about it. Just thought I'd share this with you guys. Overall, without a vision, you can't have goals anyway, right? Leave comments below and let me know your thoughts.










No comments:

Post a Comment